Sunday, March 11, 2007

Lots of stuff


First and foremost what is on my mind right now is my walk for Autism research. On Saturday, April 28th I will be participating in the Cure Autism Now walk in Pasadena, CA. I think that most of you know that my son Adam has Asperger's syndrome which is a high functioning form of autism. As a baby I knew that he was different and by the age of 2, I was convinced that he was autistic. We had the worst time getting a diagnosis for him. It literally took me 2 years to convince others that it was true. On the grand scheme of things I know that I am very fortunate to have a son that is so high functioning. We have our challenges,but we have definitely come a long way. However, there are children who suffer from autism and do not have speech, cannot smile, have repetitive quirks/behaviors and have severe issues coping outside of their homes. This summer I had an experience that was completely heart wrenching to me. While in my son's therapy office,I overheard a mother talking to her son's therapist balling. She proceeded to say "thank you, thank you so much. This is the first time that I have ever seen him smile...oh my gosh I just cannot thank you enough". Her son was 2 1/2. Can you imagine not ever seeing your child smile? I will never ever forget that.

Autism has definitely affected my family and affects many others. In fact,Autism affects every 1 out 166 children and many kids go undiagnosed. If autism has touched your life in some way or if you are interested in donating to my team please follow this link. http://www.walknow.org/07losangeles/teamadamwalks

OTHER STUFF

As you know I work on the design team for the Red Bee in Tustin. Well, it just so happens that we are having a crafter's/scrapper's garage sale on March 25th. It is from 12-5 pm. Sellers will receive a gift certificate to the store for items sold. If you would like more info on the sale please visit www.Theredbee.com

Lastly I know that my links are only web addresses,but the link thing-ma-jig won't work on blogger. So please just select and paste. Thank you my friends :)

(((HUGS)))


Christine

2 comments:

DonnaSalazar said...

How did the garage sale go?

Stacey said...

It was nice seeing you at the garage sale! I've already spent my credit...it was gone on Monday :) I've got to reserve my spot for the crop on the 14th. I'm very excited about it! I hope a lot of people show up!