Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Having Fun...just Happy

Have you ever thought that things just happen for a reason..that maybe they were just meant to be ? Well I do ! I have to say that going to Screamin' Susie's was a wonderful change for me. I feel like a part of the team and a lot of good has been coming out of it and that just makes me happy. The other night by chance while I was there a woman came in to speak to the owner . It turned out that she was a special ed. teacher that teaches high functioning autistic kids (need I say more?) She was looking for a field trip/project to be made for her students. She wanted to get them out into the community for socialization and have them do something fun at the same time. Well being that this is an issue really close to my heart, I was happy to be a part of it. Lucky me, I got to teach the class. Like I said, things happen for a reason. Here is a quick little snapshot of the kiddos after the class with their pencil boxes that they made. I had a great time with them . They were so cute and a few of them reminded me of someone I know very well ;0)
Monday night I had my pocket card class. It was a lot of fun and the ladies that signed up even made it better. They were all so happy to be there, made me laugh and really made me feel good ! For any of you who visited me on Monday...thank you for being so complimentary and for making it all the more fun. Seems like there was a lot of last minute interest in the class as well. So those of you who came by and for those of you who missed it, I will be teaching another class that is similar,but fall themed, in Sept.
My Look how you have Blossomed layout class is on Wed. July 9th. If any of you are still interested, there are 4 spots left. Come in and see me and join in on the fun..goodies and a raffle will be included. Here is what the layout looks like :




And here are some upcoming classes:



Marvelous Monogram Clipboard

Thursday, July 17

7-9 pm


Bloomin' Ribbon Box


Monday, July 28th


7-9 p.m.




And the best fort last..this summer my Adam is going to Gymnastics's camp. Last week the school put on a little show for the parents to show what the kids have learned. Adam is the second boy in this routine...watch carefully right int he beginning...he shocked the beegeebers out of me ! He is just 6 and only learned how to do this the day before...WATCH...

7 comments:

Jennifer Priest said...

Cool classes Christine! Congrats on the DT spot too.

illyse said...

Yea for you and Yea for Mr. Gymnastics!! He is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there amiga. Glad to see you've updated, unlike other people ;). I am so happy things are going great for you at SS's. You're classes are adorable and that ribbon box-cute cute! When do you have time to think these things up. BTW...your little acrobat-ADORABLE, and that first flip...made my heart skip a beat. See you soon.

Jennifer Priest said...

Congrats on the pub in ScrapNArt too!! Just saw your page in there!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are happy! I still need to come by SS!
Good luck with your classes, they are adorable.

blank said...

Tag... you are it! I have tagged you with a Brillante Weblog Premio- 2008!!! Check out my blog for more info!!!

Anonymous said...

You've been nominated for a Brillante Award. Go to my blog for more info. :)